Wednesday, June 24, 2009

you've got to be kidding me....

I love my job, I really do. And I'm very grateful to have my job back after being unemployed. That being said, no job is perfect. I'm always busy from the time I get there until the time I leave, there is NO down time (since the cutbacks, I'm actually doing about three full time jobs, not that I'm complaining).

I have never been one of those "that's not my job" people. I'll do whatever I can to help out and I always do what I'm asked without question. I also expect other people to do the same, and I also expect people with power not to abuse that power (I know, that's a lot to expect).

One of many bosses today (doing several jobs comes with several bosses) called my extension to ask me to bring him a document. It's not like this document was even in my office. It was in the copy room where the files are kept. In the file. After he asked me to bring him the document, this is how the conversation went:

Me: Okaaaaay.

Him: Do you know what I'm talking about?

Me: Yes, I know what you're talking about. In my head: Yes you idiot, I know exactly what you're talking about, I'm trying to figure out why you are calling me to go get it instead of getting your lazy ass up and getting it yourself.

Him: Okay.

Me: Okay, I'll go get it.

Seriously?





No comments: