Thursday, January 22, 2009

this is chili weather

I decided that I need to make some chili this weekend as cold as it has been....I love making chili when it's cold. If you don't like the regular chili beans (pinto beans) that most people use in their chili, then you might like to try my recipe:

2 lbs. ground beef
2 big cans (I think they're 16 oz. cans) of tomato sauce
1 small can of Original Rotel drained
1 regular size can of Black Beans
1 packet of McCormick Slow Cookers Chili Seasoning
1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
Garlic Salt to taste
Chili Powder to taste

Brown 2 lbs. ground beef. Mix all ingredients together in a crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours. I like to serve it with Fritos scoops and shredded cheese.

EDITED TO ADD: The can of black beans also needs to be drained.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I don't like ANY beans - weird, I'm aware! But, I'm going to try this recipe, sans beans! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

I have a three day weekend an I think I just might try this.

I'll let you know.