Friday, February 27, 2009

friends (part one)

Maybe I've got PMS, maybe I'm just being petty, but my friends have been rubbing me the wrong way this week.

One of my friends invited me to lunch yesterday and I gladly accepted. When we met at the restaurant, she got out of her car and was on the phone. No big deal. I assumed (wrongly) that she would tell whoever it was that she had just gotten to the restaurant for lunch to meet someone and that she would call them back. Instead, she continued the conversation upon entering the restaurant, while we were being seated, AND several minutes after we had been seated. That is just rude. For the record, I would also like to state that it was a personal call and not business.

I realize that I'm unemployed right now and don't have to go back to work after lunch, but that doesn't mean that I want to sit there and listen to someone talk on the phone for 15 minutes.

A little courtesy please, that's all I ask.

7 comments:

Whitney said...

Aww that sucks. I mean HELLO she even asked YOU to lunch! What in the world? I have a friend that does that, though. If it's not on the phone it's texting - I mean come on people!!! Can we not just quit for one hour?!?!

SouthernBelleJM said...

That is definitely very rude. Maybe, you should school her in cell phone ettiquette:) Some people simply just do not know.

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I hope you feel better.

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Ugh, I hate that. Also hate when people have conversations when I'm in the car with them.

I hope she at least treated you to lunch. :)

Allison M. said...

my friend used to be horrible at this. She would leave her phone on the table and answer when it would ring. I would steal it from her bc I couldn't stand it.

she has since gotten better.

Anonymous said...

I have a good friend I only see a few times a year and he is ATTACHED to his blackberry. We usually go to super nice, expensive dinners together when we see each other and he always answers work calls. On a Satuday night. Its soooo annoying - especially cuz his job is not all that and a bag of potato chips.

So I started to offer to carry the Blackberry in my purse. That way only I would feel it vibrate and would conveniently not tell him til after the meal :) hehe.

If she does it again, take out your phone, call her, and when she sees the call waiting with your name pop up, she will get the hint... I hope.

DietCokeStraightUp said...

That is rude!!! I mean it can wait!! I totally understand.