Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope you all are having a wonderful Easter Sunday!

I'm exhausted, but we had a great weekend spending time with my family. Friday night we took my sister out to eat and spent the night with her. Yesterday, we had a big lunch with all of the extended family at my Mom and Dad's, and did an easter egg hunt for all of the kids afterwards.

We always do a prize egg with money, and the amount just depends on the amount that everyone with kids donates. My Dad loves to play pranks, and he told all of the kids that the prize egg had $300 in it (it was a plastic egg) and these are all young kids, so of course they believed him.

My uncle hid the prize egg, and evidently hid it very well. Those kids looked for that egg for almost an hour with no luck, so my uncle told them to look in a certain area for it. Those kids looked in the area he told them, were out there digging for it, and even some of the adults that didn't know where it had been hidden, were out there helping them look for it to no avail. After awhile, one of my aunts decided to go out there and help them, and walked right to it where it was and found it. Where she found it was not where my uncle had put it though. Evidently, when all of the kids were digging for it, they were throwing stuff around that was in their way, and had flung it out of the area where my uncle had told them it was.

The best part though was the look on all of their faces when they realized that they had been lied to and the egg only had about $50 instead of $300 after they had exhausted themselves trying to find that egg!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I hope you had a great Easter! I tagged you!