Friday, December 19, 2008

and the award goes to......



ME! I got my first award from Soliloquy (She Just Had to Say It). If you haven't already been reading her blog, you should check her out, she cracks me up! Especially the stories of the presents her husband got her each day because he's a freak (her words not mine) and put up the Christmas tree way before Thanksgiving. Just for the record Soliloquy, I agree with you that he did it to intentionally aggravate you.




Here are the rules:



list 10 honest things about yourself

pass the award onto 7 blogs that you find brilliant in their content or design

link to the blogger who gave you this prize

link to the blogs receiving the prize

notify the recipients







1. I'm really bad at coming up with lists of things about myself (just ask Lipsmacker, I still haven't finished her tagged post).



2. My boyfriend thinks I'm a neat freak, but I don't think I am.....I think it's just because he grew up in a house where you can't even walk through any of the rooms because his family, a. Doesn't throw anything away (when I say anything, I mean absolutely nothing, these people are PACK RATS) and b. Are disgustingly filthy not clean people. Seriously, it's gross....I refuse to go inside their house.

3. I give the silent treatment when I don't get my way. I'm not sure why, because it doesn't seem to work.

4. I love food and I love to cook.....I especially love to try new recipes.

5. I was engaged once. For less than 24 hours. Not kidding.

6. I love to read. Seriously, Amazon could stay in business even if I was their one and only customer.

7. I actually like working for my boss when she's not driving me totally insane. I know that makes no sense, but you would just have to know her.

8. I hate driving. Mostly because of all the other people I encounter on the road that can't drive for shit.

9. As much as I don't ever want any kids of my own, other people's kids love me.

10. Wow, I actually made it to ten. I've only made it to three on my tagged post.





Now for the lucky seven:

1.
27 Dresses in Cleveland: I just recently found her blog, and I love her dating stories. And I can definitely relate to being "Always a Bridesmaid".

2.
That Girl: She actually found me, and I'm so glad she did. I love reading her blog and I can't wait for her Saturday Posts.....She's going to start sharing her fashion experience!

3.
Puttin' on the G.R.I.T.S.: A fellow southern girl and I can't wait for her to move to Charleston with the love of her life!

4.
Misadventures of a Newlywed: Mrs. Newlywed was one of the first blog's I started reading; I found her through a friend's blog. I always get a laugh when I read her blog, especially when she posts about one of her "misadventures" with Mr. Newlywed or when she receives such lovely emails from her devil-in-law.

5.
Lipstick Diaries: Another one of my favorites; she definitely tells it like it is!

6.
Cocaine Princess: She has the most fascinating stories!

7.
Just Won't: She cracks me up! I just lover her sarcasm.

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Yay! Thank you so much!!!! I love your blog!!!

Always a Bridesmaid said...

OMG! I'm honored! (And a little freaked out about the 10 things!!)

Zb said...

Whooo Hooo. Thanks Wal-Mart Princess! Sending my redneck hugs for the nod.

DietCokeStraightUp said...

Great post! Love your blog! Check mine out. Looking forward to reading more and getting to know each other!

Anonymous said...

One: I knew you were a smart girl. You're right. Spin was trying to aggravate me.

Two: I really love how honest you are.

Three: #3? Really?

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

yayyyy! thank you!!!!

Cocaine Princess said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for award!

Lip Smacker said...

Yea! Thanks huni! I'm excited for a new award! Don't feel overwhelmed about my tag to you, just post what you got - no pressure (I know I sometimes run out of things on those tags!)!! ;)