Friday, December 5, 2008

it's going to be a good weekend

I know in my last post I said that I wish I could skip Christmas, but that's not entirely true. I just wish I could skip the crowds, the traffic and the shopping for other people. I like to shop for myself, I don't like to shop for other people. Not because I'm selfish, but because I know what I want and need.....other people, have no idea what they want/need. I don't know why we all don't just go out and by ourselves something we want for Christmas and pretend somebody else gave it to us. Then we wouldn't have to complain about getting shitty presents....everyone would get exactly what they wanted.


Okay, back to the reason for my post. The reason that I would not want to skip Christmas entirely is because every year, one weekend in the month of December (before Christmas of course) I go spend the weekend with a friend of mine that lives in a different city and she does her "Christmas Baking" all day while I get drunk drink a few drinks and inhale taste test all of her cookies, candy, etc. that she bakes. I don't take my boyfriend with me and she makes her husband stay out of the house all day, and we get to drink, eat and be merry. And that weekend is here! I'm leaving in the morning to go to her house and coming back Sunday, I can't wait..........Good Times!

No comments: